Saturday, August 27, 2011

Supper

Oh semantics!

In case you haven't heard, in Lancaster County it's called Supper - the evening meal. And to clear things up, Dinner comes in the afternoon. If you wander outside of this area, please keep in mind that Supper has little meaning and that if you are invited to Dinner, plan on the evening!

Straight from the garden: eggplant, green pepper, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, jalepeno peppers, onion, kale, basil, marjoram, and rosemary!
While the Brussels sprouts were boiling (for just a few minutes), I chopped up the rest of the vegetables
and threw into a skillet: olive oil, garlic, onion, the peppers and the herbs
lastly, I added the eggplant, tomatoes, kale, and Brussels sprouts
To half of the cooked vegetables, I added kecap manis, a popular Indonesian sauce that is a type of soy sauce. It is not salty, but thick and sweet with the flavors of anise and garlic.

4 comments:

Shayne said...

I envy ur garden n the motivation you have to make meals like this. Looks delicious.

Jaime Lee said...

those vegetables look amazing! When I am back in PA I will be calling you for garden advice!!!

Asher said...

are these the same spouts I took off the stove and put out side to cool. You for got to add some times the house smells like your cooking for days :).

Jess said...

ewwwww gross thanks for saving those burnt sprouts, I might've burned the house down. Yeah that doesn't smell good. At least it smells nice right now!