Monday, August 22, 2011

lunch with no name

The most wonderful thing about having a garden is that I can walk outside and take only a few steps and within minutes have a delicious meal! It is especially convenient considering my last paycheck was exactly $7.

So when I got home from work today, I turned on my skillet and added 3 store bought ingredients: olive oil, garlic, and onion. Then I headed out to the garden and from it added:

purple jalepeno pepper
basil
majoram
red bell pepper
kale
eggplant

After that was done, I piled it on top of some wheat noodles that I had left over from the ratatouille. It left me feeling cool enough to write a cookbook.

It's great having a variety of ingredients to experiment with - new combinations of flavors can be fun and surprising! Really the only thing you have to learn is which things to add first and last, but that comes quickly.

No comments: