Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fennel Rosemary Potato Salad

I don't know about you, but I get stuck making the same good recipes over and over.  Luckily, it's just me I'm cooking for! This is one that gets repeated.

I decided to plant fennel and leeks in my garden just to make this recipe, which I tasted for the first time when I was visiting Jenny at the CSA where she was working.  She found the recipe here.  Here's my version:

Fennel Rosemary Potato Salad
1 fennel bulb
1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
pinch of salt
5 potatoes
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons greek yogurt
2 tablespoons almond oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 small leek
1.  Slice the fennel and place in a smaller sized baking dish.  Sprinkle with chopped rosemary and salt.  Put in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

2.  Peel the potatoes and cut them into smaller pieces, then boil until they are soft (about 15 minutes).

3.  Mix the remaining ingredients (except leek) to make the dressing, then put the roasted fennel, potatoes, dressing and leek together in bowl.  Enjoy!




Don't be afraid to substitute and change the recipe yourself!  I've used cream or regular yogurt, regular onions, different kinds of vinegars, mustards and oils.  Use what you have or what is convenient.

No comments: