Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First few days.

On Saturday I arrived here in Honduras on the beautiful island of Roatan! I can see perfectly why so many people have spent vacations here - the water is gorgeous, the people are friendly, the food is delicious, and there is always scuba diving and snorkeling.
I share an apartment with another teacher, Amy, who teaches high school English at the school. The other American teachers also live in our building. I'll post some pictures of our place later. Last night we bought about 5 pounds of fresh shrimp and sautéed it in butter, garlic, and onions - so good.
We began orientation at Children's Palace Bilingual School on Monday. So far, I'm very impressed with the school all around. It is run by Hondurans, and is incredibly well organized. In just a week (Wednesday) is the first day of school! I need to finish decorating the room and preparing for the school year.






3 comments:

Petros said...

Awesome post! Keep the pics coming! You're going to have an awesome time.
peace

Rhoda said...

I was so side tracked thinking about that shrimp meal i forgot you were a teacher! Just kidding! Glad your trip went well and u r there. Be wise as serpents and as gentle as doves!

Jamila said...

Wow.... first grade..... good luck! aside from the age group your working with, I'm pretty much jealous. =)